I honestly don’t know where to start... So if I jump around please bare with me. I think I will just fill you in starting from Thurs April 15 (tax day?! Not in London- btw there is NO tax in London, you pay the price on the price tag!)
Thurs- Pretty relaxing day at the internship. Press Week is this week so me and the other intern were just in the sample room hanging up samples, organizing (we are the only ones who do ha!), and cleaning thru magazines from past coverage on our brands. Then we got to leave early at 5pm! It was so nice to get on the tube and actually be able to breathe! Usually when I get off work at 6pm I have to squish my way on and I can’t breathe, I feel like a tiny little sardine squished in between two tall businessmen who usually have some weird scent seeping from them! Anyway, I rushed home and Wendy and I were going to meet up and go to Harrods but when I was walking up to the apartment she was just getting off the tube and we decided not to go then I called her and was like- no we need to go! I’ll meet you at the station and we will go! Well of course I waited at the stupid bus stop for like 15 minutes and then the bus came and almost didn’t let me on! He didn’t open the front door (where you get on) until people got off (from the back door) and the others moved down the bus but of course people weren’t moving down so what do I do?! Squeeze my way on a literally push people down the bus! Jeez come on cant they see that’s what you are suppose to do? Just like the tube people I am not even from here and I can pick up on that. So I make it (barely) and we go to Harrods. Then we see the owner of Harrods with his body guards. A little German guy!! So worth that dang bus experience! That was Thursday.
Fri- We had class at 9am and I can’t recall what we did after…… but I do recall my Dad calling me at 2am (my time) and waking me up because he finally figured out how to use the calling card he got! Ha-ha it was worth it though because it was nice to talk with him and hear his voice!
Sat- Nancy and I had a nail appointment at 12pm at an OPI nail salon in Selfridges (it’s like Harrods). I was so excited when I found this because it reminded me of my Mom AND they had gel nails which is what I get because it last longer than a manicure but looks natural like a manicure. Then after that Nancy and I went and did the London Eye. OMG so amazing!! It was a little scary but we saw amazing views and now I can say I have been on the WORLDS LARGEST FERRIS WHEEL! Woot Woot!! It is located right on the river that longs thru London so after we got ice cream because it was 60 degrees and it was hot! Yes I think 60 degrees is hot now! :) So we ate our ice cream walked along the river saw all the street performers, some crazy ones you will have to check out the pictures on facebook (I will post later) and did some shopping. Then after we went to Hamleys its London’s FAO Schwartz... it was neat to see all the toys after that we were tired of walking so I stopped one of the little guys on a bike pulling a carriage behind him and he took us to the museum we wanted to go to. There was a Van Gough exhibition and it was soooooo neat to see his art up close. He was so talented and the crazy he got mentally the better his art. Amazing! After that we just walked around and found a Rainforest Café we had dinner there and then went home. It was a long but fun and eventful day!
Sun- Wendy, Nancy, Jackie and I went to Brick Ln. It was neat. It’s a shopping market and st that has a lot of vintage stuff. So cool! Wendy got a pimped out old school hat with the mesh that comes over your face. Its soo cool and it came with a pimped out hat box!! So old school! I found a girl who makes gluten free cupcakes! Wooh woo! I am going to go back next week to get some! We shopped around there for a while then made our way home.
Mon- Wendy and I went to the post office and then to class and guess what? We were packed in like sardines on the tube! After class we made our way home, the tube was nice and airy and we had a quality convo, when we got home I had lunch then we went to Oxford for a dang homework assignment and we encountered some strange things. On our way back to the tube this foreigner kind of hopped/ran/skipped up to Wendy got in her face and said “Prim-ark?” Wendy backed up and was like excuse me and she said it again and Wendy pointed her in the direction then right before the tube one of the news paper guys kind of did the same thing but just made a strange noise. She thought it was a mating call! LOL. Now we are just at home! Listening to music doing HW making dinner and hanging out.
I hope this is enjoyable for everyone and it is enjoyable to read. I can’t capture every moment as it happened but some funny stuff has really happened to us and it def. makes our adventures home or to school or where ever we are going so much better. There are def different walks of life in this city that is for sure!
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment