Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 2 and Day 3

Day 2

Im so glad I have time to write to you today!! Yesterday was manic (trying to pick up UK talk so I can not stand out with my Ca accent ;) ) We left at 9am with a guy from Anglo American who met us at our flat and showed us the closest tube station, how to use it and the route to the Anglo American centre where our classes will be most likely. We then had an orientation with a London Metropolitan Police officer who told us to give him our pepper spray if we had any bc it is considered illegal in the UK. Good thing Steve didnt end up getting me any- Sarah wanted me to have some! HAHA. Then we meet some more staff who went over our internships and how to get there via tube. After that we had a break to have lunch and we found this really cute little cafe and all I could get was a baked potato but it was REALLY good. Everyone else didnt like there food?? After lunch we had a private coach that took us to all the famous stops in London, i.e. the Palace, Oxford St, the Globe Theatre, Westminster Abbey and some other famous spots. We got to get out at a few places and take pictures Im gonna post them soon on my blog but it takes up a lot of Internet minutes so I need to try to find a cafe this weekend where I can get free Internet. Anyway, after that we got dropped off at Covent Garden- it is a really hip young area and we had diner res. at 6pm for the 7 of us paid by AngloAmerican. It was a super nice restaurant that served oven baked pizza but of course I couldnt get that so the Manager let me order a salad and it bloody nasty. Then the waitress split Sparkling Wine on me! and my feet were already soaked bc I wore flats and it started raining when we were out and obviously flats dont keep you dry! ha. Im learning a lot here about the damn London weather! After dinner we had to get back home via the tube on our own!! I was so nervous but we did it and it helped my nerves about getting to my internship. We didnt get home till 9pm!! Then I had to map out my route to work and figure out what I was gonna wear and everything. Ugh what a day!!!

Day 3

Today was sooooo much better!! My nerves are gone. I enjoyed my walk home from wok more than the one to work but that might be different tomorrow. I am loving my job! Its so awesome! We come in, in the morning and tighty up and then we read all the magazines that come in to see if any of our companies are covered, then there is a meeting all together to talk about what was covered and any hot fashion topics. Then after that I worked with one girl who gave me basic tasks. I did a watch display and she said, "oh! Lovely, it hasnt looked like this is months" so that made me feel good. Then I bagged up sample clothes from a company that they are no longer going to cover. Then it was time to go! My tube ride was good since I knew where I was going. Im looking forward to tomorrow!!

OH! after I got home Wendy and I went to a whole foods and I found more gf food! Things are looking good!!

xoxo

P.s.I promise I will have pictures and videos up this weekend- it just sucks up my minutes (I only get so many).

No comments:

Post a Comment