Well hello!! :) Feels like my week flew by!! It was sooo busy at work because it was Press Week which means all the fashion editors from all the magazines or TV shows came in to check out the new A/W collections that we represent. So I was constantly re-hanging things and keeping the sample/show room clean. We also got one of the lines late so while the girls had appointments I had to try to hang 16 boxes of samples (men’s and women’s) while staying out of the way and being quite. It is quit hard when you are working with wood hangers and have a small show room to begin with! Ha but I managed. It kept me busy so that was good. Then Thursday night I went shopping and I thought I was being all adventurous going by myself and what not and then as I was approaching the tube station to leave and go home the foot looker workers (the store is right next to the station) where making a barricade to not pass, all the traffic was stopped and then there was a bunch of camera men in front of the store so my first thought was like oh shoot I am gonna see someone famous!! SWEET! Then I heard sirens and someone say there was an explosion as I hear this I get closer to the barricade and see that shoe racks in front of the store were flat on the ground and the sidewalk was all broken up, and then I see that the tube station is closed. My heart starts racing like how the heck am I going to get home? I’m getting the hell out of here and walking to the tube station a couple blocks down. As I was walking it dawned on me- I was like if there was an explosion and the Bond St station is closed there is no way I am getting on the tube at Marble Arch so I hailed a cab, told the cab driver not to go down Oxford St and he kept my mind off everything by having a conversation about my dang Californian accent. Yes I am well aware that it is different. Thank you for the 500th time. Ahh so I made it home rushed up stairs my heart was still pounding I was shaking a little and I told Kaitlyn what happened. Thanks to her speedy fingers she googled what I was telling her and we found out that it was an electrical explosion and the Oxford St had just reopened. PHEW!!! Glad I was home, glad that I was safe and what an experience for my Thursday night.
Fri was fun- I had class and then after class Nancy and I went to the Enchanted Palace at Kensington Palace. It was very cool got to see some cool fashion and dresses 7 different Princess wore/ or were made to represent them. Kensington sits right on a beautiful park and we got ice cream walked around and took some funny pictures of some swan and silly ducks. Then after that we went to the Victoria and Albert Museum which is another fashion museum. There they had McQueen’s signature piece from his S/S ’10 collection (the last collection he designed before his death) it was breath taking and even more since it was his last. They also had some cool Westwood dresses which I got some inspiration from for my wedding dress! :D After that my feet were sooo tired we just came home and I went to sleep.
Saturday was another adventurous day. We went to Notting Hill and went to Portobello Market (yes like the movie)! It was cool; there were a lot of food and antiques. I found my Dad this old school bike horn for his bike. When I saw it I couldn’t help but think that if he were with me at the moment he would be squeezing all the different size horns they had and being silly, so I squeezed one on behalf of him and bought one for him so he can have fun on his electrical beach cruiser bike since he isn’t busy pedaling or anything. :D After we did the Market we just walked around the area with the houses and stuff and then made our way back to the tube to head home. I stayed home for the rest of the evening I was so tired and wanted to just relax.
Sunday was another fun fun day! I was in the Eastern Hemisphere and Western Hemisphere at the same time!! How you ask?? Well quit simple, we went to the Prime Meridian. The central line of longitude 0 degrees, the line that measures all time zones!! So cool! I have pictures and I promise they will be up on facebook soon!!! If not tonight, tomorrow I PROMISE. So we did that and then after Wendy and I went to Harrods because we are reward card holders (hehe) and got our 10% off all our shopping today! Don’t worry I didn’t spend any money on me I got all gifts for my peeps…. Ok ok I bought my self one thing. ;) Then we tried to go home and the Tube was packed I couldn’t handle being pushed and bumped into anymore so I grabbed Wendy’s arm and forced us on the dang train! Ugh so annoying!! Now I am just in the flat listening to my iTunes trying to enjoy some “me” time updating you guys, my journal, and my next task is pictures but it is already 9pm and I have laundry and school to prepare before tomorrow morning! I miss all of you so much! Even if you don’t think I may miss you I do!!
Have a brilliant week!!
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love to read this bambo! Miss you gals like crazy! OMG I love the duckies pic, LOL!! :)
ReplyDelete-SusiChula :)))